The Winner of the March 26h Taco Tuesday Challenge is Luis Morales guapomole (Twitter/Instagram)
Luis made a taco with bold flavor and simple ingredients. These tacos look like crowd pleasers to say the least. I can’t wait to see what else Luis has in store for us.
Crispy gochujang & garlic shrimp tacos
Crispy Taco Shell
– heat oil in deep frying pan, oil is ready when you can put a wooden tong or chopstick in and you see bubbles form.
– hold one end of corn tortilla with tongs and submerge half in the heated oil for 30 seconds, then flip tortilla and hold for another 30 seconds, making sure to use tongs to keep the shell open.
– place crispy taco shell on paper towel to drain
Gochujang Garlic shrimp
– mince 3 tablespoons of garlic
– chop 3 tablespoons of scallion
– chop 3 tablespoons of cilantro
– chop 2 red jalapeño (or chili of choice)
– clean & devein half a pound of shrimp (using 15ct per pound shrimp) then season with salt & pepper
Heat oil in large skillet or wok. When oil is heated add minced garlic and half of the scallion. Stir while garlic & scallion sauté to keep from burning for 1 minute. Add shrimp, tossing in skillet/wok to coat with oil/garlic/scallion for 1 minute. Add heaping 1 tablespoon of gochujang or chili paste of preference. Reduce heat and toss shrimp to coat well, then remove from heat.
Add guacamole to prepared taco shells, then add pickled daikon & carrot. Add gochujang & garlic shrimp to taco shells then garnish with cilantro, chopped chilis and remaining scallion. Enjoy!